A virus overtaking a cell
- could be a human cell or animal
- I want the disease to be deadly, not well known and preferably untreatable
- base all events on scientific fact,
CHOSEN VIRUS: MARBURG VIRUS
- The marburgvirus is a hemorrhagic fever virus
- hemorrhages is bleeding, it can be both internal and external
- generally, are 80nm long or 80×10^-9m
- generally u-shaped
- extremely rare only 315 recorded infections with 275 deaths, an 87.3% fatality rate, a very deadly condition.
- infects Niemann Pick 1, a membrane protein residing in the 18th chromosome
- Firstly the Marburg virus binds to the receptors on the cell
- A cell receptor is a protein molecule on the outside of a cell that receives chemical signals
- A lipid bilayer is a polar membrane, with having a separation of electric charge. These Lipid bilayers make up the cell membranes of most living cells and viruses
- The second step in the viruses reproduction is Lipid bilayer fusion where the two lipid bilayers join
- The third step in the virus replication is the release of the virus nucleocapsid into the cell’s Cytosol
- Cytosol is the liquid found inside of cells
- The viruses genetic information is then copied onto the cell’s RNA, this effectively turns the cell into a virus-producing machine, creating structural and non-structural proteins of new viruses
- The cell then destroys its self by using its own proteins for creating up to billions of viruses
Momentous evil is noxious, spiteful, an obsession of malicious intent. A pure will for self-replication, the perfect predator only comprehends their own survival, does not offer the slightest trace of compassion, a perfect predator can survive forever without sustenance, without respiring in the harshest conditions imaginable. A perfect predator is only constricted by its ability to reproduce, a being that is consumed by the will to dominate, to overtake and surpass anything less able than it, and as a perfect predator anything less than it is a category that broadened to the entire animal kingdom. However its predatory status does not concern it, only one thing is on its mind, replication, the hunt for a host. The perfect predator is a parasite.
If evil had a flavor it would taste bitter, bitter with anger, unpleasant with malicious ambition, if it possessed a smell it would be of blood, tainted with the very evil itself, one thing evil does have however is a feeling, it can possess many forms, burning hatred, malicious intent and domination. This corruption falls as if a veil over the predator, a way to masquerade its true intentions; a stealth, evil is not only sinister and corrupt but cunning and ruthlessness, it establishes the ability to sacrifice anything in the way of the all-important goal. encompassed in obscurity, undefined within the convoluted surroundings the perfect predator encroaches on its prey.